Photography Explained Central Coast
About The Seminar
Join iconic Australian photographer, Ken Duncan, for this full-day seminar and get all the benefit of his 40+ years of experience in the industry. Read on to discover you members-only deal.
How often do you hear yourself saying, “That scene looked so beautiful when I was there, but my photos just didn’t catch the magic”?
By now you probably know, it’s not really about the gear you use – or its price. It’s something else, something simpler: your eye and your touch.
When I’m not travelling the world with my camera, I teach people how to become better photographers. Some are seasoned pros. Some are just starting out. It doesn’t matter, because my tips and principles are universal.
I’m inviting you to my one-day seminar Photography Explained.
We don’t run these seminars very often. And we expect it to be sold-out quite quickly. So if what you just read interests you, please don’t hang about, because this could be your best chance to grab your seat. They are limited.
Get complete photography training from A - Z in one day – guaranteed
Ken Duncan Gallery Theatre,
414 The Entrance Road, Erina Heights
Saturday 8 August, 2020
9:00am to 5:00pm
What You Will Learn
- How to get “the magical light” in your photos
- The secret behind shots that make people say, “WOW”
- Why composition could be more important than you may think …
- And how to get it right
- Why you probably already have all the gear you’ll ever need to take award-winning photos
- How to avoid the 5 most common mistakes in photography
Plus, I will Clearly Explain
- The startlingly simple elements of a prize-winning shot
- How to see old places in a new way …
- Plus, how to snatch shots no one else may know how to take*
- And much, much more …
As you probably know, great photography is not about technical tricks or the latest Photoshop features. You need a complete process. For over 40 years I’ve perfected mine – which I’ll share with you.
For example, you learn simple ways how to work with the light, how to process – and even how to store your photos. The total package. I leave nothing out. (I tell you as much as I possibly can during a day, you understand). And you can ask me questions personally when we meet.
My training is proven to work. Take a look at what some people said about my previous event
What People Are Saying
I also promise you will...
- Discover new shooting techniques that help you capture a clear image using your digital camera’s basic settings.
- Get everything you need to know about image composition – this is the stuff that sets you apart from the amateur: rule of thirds, perspective, and specific details to help you capture scenes as you wanted.
- Be updated with the latest in post processing, which will help you make the best photographs and use the latest after effects. Get the most out of your gear.
- Know how to make a smart decision when you buy a new camera. And things your retailer won’t tell you.
- And much, much more …
Quite frankly, I will explain to you the whole process of photography and make it simple. So you can take prize winning photos, too. Success won’t happen overnight, but with my practical advice I believe you’ll do better than without it. Make sense?
In fact, if you are serious about taking photos people will admire, can you really afford NOT to come? I don’t want to brag, but where else can you find as much expertise as in this event?
How you'll learn it
I’ll share with you success principles from over 100,000 panoramic images I’ve shot in Australia. Many are award winners. And believe me, I’ve worked with all sorts of gear. I was broke when I started my career. But knowledge comes first. The gear second.
So, I’ll teach you for example:
- The best time to shoot a landscape photo
- How to take and make a panoramic image
- Beyond focusing – the practical tips only experience can teach you
- The vital few camera settings that can bring you the biggest results
- How to find your magic eye
- Probably the most common error amateurs and pros make – and how to avoid it
- And more …
However, hoarding a ton of shots isn’t much of an accomplishment if they aren’t any good. It’s like a legacy of failure. You need experience – and lots of it – if you really want to be an admired photographer…
So I’ll also reveal what I learned from working with some of the world’s most respected magazines like National Geographic and Rolling Stone:
- What it takes to get a famous publication to buy – and publish – your work
- What’s it really like to work with celebrities like Mel Gibson
- Plus few things what NOT to do – learn from my horror stories (the day is fun)
- How to find unique places and capture them
- Simple yet professional way to catalogue and backup your photos for years to come
When your work is seen and even admired by millions of magazine and book readers, eventually you become famous. So I must warn you: with glory comes envy.
But fame is not all bad. It has helped me to sell my work to movie stars, famous singers, Fortune 500 CEOs, collectors, investors, royalty and rulers – even Sheiks own my work. (To be honest, I don’t have to “sell,” people buy – but it wasn’t always like that.)
Not to mention how photography has landed me some sweet jobs in exotic locations (flights and luxury hotels paid by someone else, of course) with clients like Bank of America, American Airlines, Qantas, Fujifilm and many more. Plus the exclusive project with Mel Gibson and his epic movie The Passion of The Christ.
Sure I’ve been lucky too – but not that lucky. So I go into detail describing to you my worst mistakes. I promise you lots of laughs. And you’ll pick up valuable tips on how to succeed in photography whatever your goal may be.
How much does it cost?
Don’t answer yet.
My 4-day workshops are usually between $3,000 and $4,000 per person. And they include free personal advice from me.
But the ticket price for this exclusive one-day event is only $345 per person. Compare it to other workshop prices and you see why this really is a fabulous bargain.
You would normally pay that price to be in a room with 200 other people for this event. But we are running this seminar in our intimate Gallery theatre, which has limited seating. In fact, we are limiting the number of participants to just 40 people. Will you be one of them?
Due to the extremely limited number of tickets for this event, we expect to sell out quite quickly.
Now you may remember I promised to give you a special VIP member deal. Here it is:
As a VIP, you get $56 off, so your price drops to $289 and you save $56.
But it gets better. Your ticket prices includes coffee on arrival, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. You won’t be hungry! The workshop runs from 9 am to 5 pm. Plus, there will be lucky door prizes and valuable resources fro you to take away, just as a thank you for being there.
Are you ready to book? I hope so. Because there’s only one me, and because of my extremely full schedule, opportunities to learn from me are rare – especially at such a low price.
The seminar is being held on a Saturday, so being there is as easy as possible to arrange for most people. I hope you come. And remember, once the tickets are gone, they are gone. Plus we are on a tight deadline…
Hurrrry! Book your seat before it’s too late …
P.S. I’m serious: there are only 40 places available for this seminar and they will sell out. Why not secure your seat now while it’s still fresh in your mind? Registrations could close any time … (if your order is accepted, it means you are in).
Please decide now before the tickets are gone. The only way you can be sure you don’t miss it, is to book your seat as soon as you’ve read this.
You may have heard the old adage, “Beauty is all around us.” Well, it’s true. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been able to use my simple method to turn a completely ordinary scene into a photo which people later call “magical.” What’s my secret? Come to my workshop and I’ll tell you.